|Check your health conditions with a variety of home testing kits from Medimpex United Inc and learn how to enhance your health. Remember early diagnosis is the key to treatment or how to prevent possible complications. Take control of your life…exercise regularly, get enough sleep, eat well and incorporate our convenient high-quality health diagnostic products that you perform at home.
For instance, high blood pressure is one of the main causes of heart disease, stroke and kidney disease. Blood pressure is an important sign of the state of your health and should be monitored regularly, particularly if it starts to read above the 120/80 mark. You should regularly monitoring your blood pressure and consult with a medical professional if your blood pressure is out of the safe range.
|Useful Healthcare information
1. Blood pressure readings are measured in millimeters of mercury (mmHg) and usually given as two numbers. For example, 120 over 80 (written as 120/80 mmHg).
Either or both of these numbers may be too high.
Pre-hypertension is when your systolic blood pressure is between 120 and 139 or your diastolic blood pressure is between 80 and 89 on multiple readings. If you have pre-hypertension, you are more likely to develop high blood pressure.
2. A simple blood test checks for high cholesterol. Simply knowing your total cholesterol level is not enough. A complete lipid profile measures your LDL (low-density lipoprotein [the bad cholesterol]), total cholesterol, HDL (high-density lipoprotein [the good cholesterol]), and triglycerides-another fatty substance in the blood. Government guidelines say healthy adults should have this analysis every 5 years.
3. You know from the name that the test measures something called A1C. You may wonder what it has to do with your blood sugar control. Hemoglobin is found inside red blood cells. Its job is to carry oxygen from the lungs to all the cells of the body. Hemoglobin, like all proteins, links up with sugars such as glucose.
You know that when you have uncontrolled diabetes you have too much sugar in your bloodstream. This extra glucose enters your red blood cells and links up (or glycates) with molecules of hemoglobin. The more excess glucose in your blood, the more hemoglobin gets glycated. It is possible to measure the percentage of A1C in the blood. The result is an overview of your average blood glucose control for the past few months.
4. A fecal occult blood (FOBT) test finds blood in the stool by placing a small sample of stool on a chemically treated card, pad, or cloth wipe. Then a special chemical solution is put on top of the sample. If the card, pad, or cloth turns blue, there is blood in the stool sample.
An FOBT may be done to check for some intestinal conditions or colorectal cancer. Colorectal cancer affects the large intestine (colon) and the rectum. Blood in the stool may be the only symptom of colorectal cancer, but not all blood in the stool is caused by cancer.
5. The thyroid gland is the biggest gland in the neck. It is situated in the anterior (front) neck below the skin and muscle layers. The thyroid gland takes the shape of a butterfly with the two wings being represented by the left and right thyroid lobes which wrap around the trachea. The sole function of the thyroid is to make thyroid hormone. This hormone has an effect on nearly all tissues of the body where it increases cellular activity.
Medimpex United Inc. and its affiliates, partners, owners, employees, and suppliers cannot be held responsible for how customers use the products and services available through this website or other affiliate or linked websites. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
We are not responsible for any damages or liabilities connected to use of any products purchased from Medimpex United Inc. By placing an order at check-out, you accept the terms of this disclaimer and agree to hold Medimpex United Inc. free of liability, expense, or loss.
All drug test products are intended for preliminary screening purposes. We strongly recommended that accredited laboratory testing is utilized to determine any positive test result. Medimpex United Inc. provides laboratory confirmation services such as these, as well.